To Our Loyal Patients,
Ross Family Dentistry is incredibly happy to announce that we are open! We hope you and your family have remained healthy. We are all are looking forward to reconnecting with you.
Dr. Little has expertly updated, reconfigured, and meticulously worked to create a safe and comfortable patient experience. Our office follows infection control recommendations by the American Dental Association (ADA) the California Dental Association (CDA) the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Marin County Health Department.
We have initiated these refinements with your safety in mind. We want to update you and your family on our approach, so you know what to expect next time you visit our office.
- When you call to make your appointment, we are going to ask you some Covid-19 screening questions. We are going to ask you AGAIN when you arrive, and your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer. If you are not feeling well or have symptoms, please let us know and do not come into the office for your scheduled visit.
- We kindly ask you to wear a mask when you are in the office, except during treatment. Please limit your personal items you bring into office.
- You will see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, books or children’s toys since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. To ensure social distancing, we have limited the chairs in our reception area and sneeze guards will be in place at our administration area.
- A sanitation station is outside the steps of the office with antimicrobial hand sanitizer supplies to use prior to entering and when exiting the office. You will also find touchless hand sanitizers throughout the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. We ask that only the patient come into the office. New guidelines require only those receiving patient care and wearing appropriate PPE to be allowed in the treatment room. We have a sitting area outside for social distancing.
- Upon arrival to your appointment, please text us at (415) 655-0169 and let us know you are in the parking lot. We will respond with instructions.
- We are paperless. To streamline your dental visits, we request that you complete the online forms that will be emailed to you prior to your visit. This removes possible chart contamination. A signature may be required which can be made using our iPad upon entering the office. Much of our correspondences will be done via email or text, please be sure to update our office with any contact information changes.
- After treatment is completed, payments for services rendered and follow up appointments will be made in room to minimize exposure. You may call us prior to your appointment with your credit card information.
- Infection control protocol has always been a top priority for our practice. We have elevated our methods which include ongoing hand washing, use of personal protective equipment, cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces in the office throughout the day.
Covid-19 Changes Made to the Office
- All surfaces of the office have been repainted (walls and ceilings). The woodwork on the floors have been sanded and re-varnished.
- All operatories have high volume air filtration and purification units. The air will be cleaned every 5 minutes with medical grade air cleaners. In addition, each room has isolated negative air pressure to minimize aerosols. The air in each room is contained and cleaned and does not mix with the rest of the facility. These units can remove particles smaller than Covid-19 viruses. UVC (germicidal) sterilization lights are placed all throughout the office and in each operatory to sterilize materials.
Sanitizing Treatment Rooms
- Covid-19 level cleaning sprays and wipes will be used after each patient.
- Vacuum assisted isolation of aerosols during treatment to capture aerosols created during treatment. This will prevent transmission of viruses into the treatment room.
- Each room will be isolated as to not mix air with the rest of the facility.
We value your trust and loyalty and deeply appreciate the patience you have had with us during the process of re-opening. We are looking forward to seeing our patients again and are happy to answer any questions that you may have about the steps we have taken to keep every patient safe in our practice.
George N. Little, D.D.S